Leader – Youth Group Ministry
St. Mark’s United Church (https://stmarksunited.ca/) is looking for a Leader – Youth Group Ministry. In consultation with parents and the Minister, this position is responsible for the development, approval, and delivery of weekly programming for children entering Grades 6 to 9 this fall.
The goals for this role include:
- Providing an opportunity for youth to have fellowship in a faith environment
- Increasing involvement of youth in Sunday worship
- Increasing involvement and engagement of parents of Youth Group children in the life of St. Mark’s
- Weekly digital communication to parents of youth registered in the program providing updates and encouraging participation and attendance
- Working with Minister and Music and Worship Committee to plan inter-generational or youth services from time to time
- Recruitment of members
On a day to day basis the Leader – Youth Group Ministry reports to the Minister. The Leader – Youth Group Ministry will provide a written monthly update to the Board on the Monday prior to the Board meeting.
We are looking for an individual who can commit to a total of 7 hours per week from early September 2019 to late May 2020. Approximately three hours will be required on site for a weekly youth group meeting. The remaining four hours will be used for program development, program marketing, and communication.The individual must be self-motivated, have strong organization and communication skills and have a church background. Music ability would be an asset. The successful candidate will require a clean Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested parties should email their resume outlining education, work experience, and three (3) references including their coordinates to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at the church office, 50 Dexter Drive, by no later than noon on Friday, June 28.